Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Is this thing on yet?


This is a little space we've set up to share pictures and thoughts and all kinds of other mental tschotckes.

Who are we?

I am Karen, currently almost 34 weeks pregnant and a medical librarian at Duke University Medical Center.

I am currently ginormous. That's a picture of me from my baby shower in Norfolk, Virginia.

He is Redmond, and wrangles middle schoolers daily at Macdougle Middle School in Carrboro, NC. He is the Technology Education teacher there, and is heavily involved with the Technology Student Association (TSA)

He's also an amazing musician, and can play a gazillion musical instruments, including bass, drums, guitar, trombone and the flugelhorn.

We're both into hiking, camping and traveling, though you wouldn't guess it from eyeballing that ginormous belly picture... ;-)

We both were ready to adopt a child, as we thought we weren't going to be able to get pregnant. Just when I started seriously researching different international adoption programs, BOOM, I was pregnant.

Redmond and I have been together for 14 years and married 12 of those years. We have a definite rhythm and bounce to our relationship. It will be interesting to see how adding a child to the mix changes our dynamic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home