Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Longest blog entry ever....

Readers, forgive us, as it has been many moons since our last post. I just returned from the American Library Association conference in New Orleans and Redmond returned from the Technology Student Association conference in Dallas. Sadie stayed with my mother, and Dad and Debi were kind enough to come down to help with Sadie as well. It was our first trip away from Sadie, and we were both nervous about leaving her behind, but we all survived it. I'll spare you my tale of woe of being trapped in the Atlanta airport for hours on end and finally arriving home after 2 am sans luggage. I will tell you more about the state of affairs in the Big Easy, but that will have to wait for another blog entry. Right now, my hard drive is groaning under the weight of so many pictures, so I'll just jump in with some pictures of our visit to the NC Museum of Life and Science in Durham and our visit to the NC Zoological Park in Asheboro.

First, our visit to the NC Museum of Life and Science....

The butterfly house is lovely...





Sadie and I leaving the butterfly house... She kept waving her arms around trying to catch the butterflies...

These are some quirky looking frogs... or toads... I can't remember which are which. And I wanted to be a wildlife biologist?

A Carolina red wolf, who decided to look in every direction except towards the camera.


Now, on to the NC Zoological Park in Asheboro. This was our first trip with Sadie, other than to take her to Norfolk to visit the family. We hung out in the zoo all day and then introduced her to the swimming pool. She seems to be a water baby.

No, this isn't Redmond, Sadie and me. These are baboons....




These are the only red elephants in the world. Check out the soil behind them and do the math....


Sadie, chilling at the zoo...


Sadie drinks out of a water bottle for the first time...


Ostriches... As if I have to point that out....


A gorilla ignores us...


Some exotic wee deer, whose name escapes me. Species name, I mean. I have no idea what he/she goes by. Fred? Mathilda?


Some exotic eagle, looking all regal and iconic. Once again, the species name escapes me. I'm no help, eh?


A giraffe and a zebra. The giraffe serves as an indicator of relative size. How very considerate of him or her...



Sadie, through the rear view mirror.


Sadie gets ready for her first swim. Swimming diapers are definitely an odd species. I believe the pool was bereft of water when we took her out.


Don't ask... Redmond is so mischievous....


Grandpa holding Sadie...


Next week, we are heading to Vermont to visit family. We should also be doing a fair amount of sightseeing and will have more pictures when we return....

1 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

Sadie is getting so big! Where has the time gone?? Kylie will be 2 soon, Sadie will be 1 and we've woefully gotten so out of touch...sniff!

Have a lovely time in Vermont and I swear when you get back we MUST talk!!!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home