Monday, March 12, 2007

Yes, we're all still alive....

I guess it's about time to update this dusty blog. I read some statistic not long ago that 66% of all created blogs have been abandoned. An estimated 25% of all new blogs are essentially "one day wonders". (Some Perseus study I didn't bother to cite) I am struggling against the tide here, folks.

Sadie finally got over her nasty whatever-the-heck-it-was virus that was like Norovirus. For about three days. And then, I brought home yet another cold to torment the poor dear. I was out of work on Friday, as the virus moved into my chest and restarted my bronchial asthma, and she's had a runny nose and a nasty cough all weekend. She's still functioning and feeling playful, so we haven't taken her to the pediatrician yet, but we're keeping an eye on her. This has been the oddest winter. We have all been basically trading various and sundry illnesses since Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that spring brings some relief.

Ah well, we did snap some pictures this weekend. First, here is a video we took a few weeks ago. Redmond is tossing Sadie into her bunny chair and she's squealing.



I love clothes that turn wee children into various and sundry animals. Here, Sadie sports her cow outfit.
Saturday was a lovely, temperate day, so we took Sadie out in the pink girlie car. We thought we were buying her a nice, gender neutral, red car, and found when we came home that Toys-R-Us had placed a floor model pink car in a red car box. I am apparently too lazy to be a proper advocate for gender neutral toys, because the car is still with us....

Daddy spent some time this weekend mounting Sadie's outdoor swing. Here, he shows her a few carpentry tricks...

Sadie is going through a huge "Daddy is the only person in the world" stage. Every time he attempted to mount the swing, she'd cry and wail, so he eventually wielded tools in one hand and Sadie with the other....


Daddy is the king of sillyface. The new swing is to the left. Our deck is dirty. Please pretend you don't notice.

My father came to visit this weekend, and can you believe that he managed to escape yet again without any pictures? After he left, and after Sadie took a meganap, we took her out to the park in Carrboro. Yes, you've already seen pictures of Sadie in this park. Forgive us the duplication. I am making myself a reminder to do something more interesting next weekend, so this won't become the "Sadie in the Playground" blog.

Sadie navigates the tunnels...
Mommy attempts to block all the giant openings where babies can fall or jump over the side....


Smiling through a plastic wall...


A rare picture of Sadie actually going DOWN a slide... Normally, she's trying to crawl UP.


More tunnel excitement, and lower torso shots of total strangers....


I am queen of the playground....

Fun with other wee toddlers in the tunnel. A few times, we had a traffic jam....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home