Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sadie!

Our little bug is two years old! I am really having a difficult time digesting this. It seems like it was just the other day that I held her in my arms for the first time... We always play the "Where's the Baby?"/"Peekaboo!" game, and just this weekend, she became very serious when I asked "Where's the Baby?" and said something like "I no baby!".

We enjoyed having Robert and Marsha and the twins visit us this weekend and the party went smoothly, but I wasn't able to take very many pictures at Sadie's party, as I was running around trying to get everyone fed and taken care of in the mere one hour we were alloted at the Museum of Life and Science. I love the facility, but one hour is not enough time for a toddler's birthday party...

I will upload my pictures later this week, as I have pictures of most of the children and families who came, and several of Robert, Marsha and the twins, but my dear friend Anne was there and dutifully took some great pictures of Sadie, and e-mailed them to me today, so until I can upload mine, here are some of her highlights...

Mom made the cake... Sadie was generous enough to enter this world a month early so that we could always use Halloween as a theme for her parties. Most everything we used to decorate was a witch, spider, ghost or black cat. Sadie, however, loves elephants, so my mom decorated Sadie's cake with an elephant...



The birthday girl refused to wear her nice shoes in favor of her Crocs. The deal with Crocs is that once you introduce your child to them, they will never wear anything else. I pick my battles, and as long as the crocs she picks are in the same color scheme, I turn a blind eye...

One day these shoes are going to stand as a cliched symbol of the first decade of the 21st century, much like mood rings and disco.

Yay! Juice boxes!


Sadie pulled my mother's shoes right off her feet and decided to wear those instead of her own. She is in a serious "shoe trollop" stage right now. Every day, she takes out every pair of shoes she owns and tries them on and then puts on all of our shoes and stomps around the house in them...

These shoes are mine...




Frosted Halloween cake-like cookies were a hit with the kids...



Time to blow out the candles....


Mommy- the 80's called... it wants its hair back...





Sadie required a little assistance in the candle blowing-out activity...


Sadie enjoyed the box turtle that lives in the party room....



All the kids got free admission to the museum for the day. Redmond and Sadie made the rounds after the party...


2 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

Happiest of Birthdays Dear Sadie~

11:41 PM  
Blogger kaycee said...

So cute! We are so sorry Milo was not feeling well enough to attend this party. It looks like a lot of fun.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home