Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Massive video dump...

So, here are the videos I promised yesterday... If you haven't checked my blog in a few days, be sure to scroll down and see the following entry, where I made a massive photo dump. I had to make sure I emptied out my camera before our beach week that starts Saturday after next.

Sadie seems to be musically inclined... Now, I'm basing this on the fact that she bellows out notes from various and sundry songs she's learned and bangs on several musical instruments, but you know how parents are... If I see her holding something resembling a test tube, of course, she's going to be a famous chemist, and when she uses her play stethoscope to check mommy's heartbeat, I'm going to assume she's going to be a renowned Cardiovascular surgeon, right? So, here, I present Sadie- the budding musician!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get my camera fired up quickly enough and the noise in Planet Child was louder than Sadie, but if you listen very closely, you can hear the end of "Twinkle Twinkle". I am so sad... A year ago, the song was "Hinkle Hinkle Little Tar". I always feel weepy when Sadie learns the right way to say something. I'm still suffering that hot dogs are no longer "wot dogs" and that butterflies are no longer "wee-o-wies".



Sadie has invented the "Cookie song", which consists of her singing the words "Cookie... cookie... cook-key, key, key, key, Cookie...." The lyrics are poignant and moving, no? Here, she accompanies herself with my guitar... I should probably check to make sure the strings are still on...



Not to be limited to one genre or musical instrument, she adapts the cookie song to the piano. Playing as naked as she came into this world, she seems to be making the statement that her art is the naked truth, and not sugar-coated by the mask of clothing... And thank goodness the video is very dark!



The basic melody of Beethoven's 9th takes a darker, post-punk goth turn... Yes, I am being completely facetious... ;-)



Sadie also appreciates the art of dance. She has adapted her bluegrass dancing moves so as to continue dancing while Daddy applies sunscreen.



Sadie does not like to be a trained monkey. She often stops whatever she's doing when she sees me turn the camera on her. Here, I was trying to get her to slide down the haystack, but she balked and eventually demanded that I turn the camera off. But she did play "flamingo" for the camera. She likes to pretend to be different animals, and being a flamingo is an exercise in balance...



Sadie plays pirate at Planet Child. Notice that she uses "pirate voice" throughout the clip.



I love this clip... Sadie was playing around with the garden hose and managed to wash Mee-Maw's car, Pee-Paw, and Mommy.

1 Comments:

Blogger amom2twins said...

It is so amazing how much she has grown and developed in the last few months!
And she does sometimes play to the Momarazzi even if she fibs that the camera is off! ;P
Oh I found a great book at the Library last week that I thought Sadie would like. It is "Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC By: June Sobel and Henry Cole. You used to comment on how Sadie had a thing about shoes well my kids have a thing about books! We go to the Library 2 times a week. I had to get them their own cards because they were maxing out my card and I couldn't get any books for myself!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos! I think I should just start putting recent pic's on the blog and forget about what has already past! I know talk to cheap and I should just do it!

Take care and give my love to all!
Marsha:)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home