Saturday, October 14, 2006

Farmer's Market Saturday

Saturdays we often go to the splendiferous Carrboro Farmer's Market. I love all the oddball heirloom vegetables you can't find at the local grocery store, and there are always yummy foods like cookies, jam, granola bars, and scotch eggs.

Are we going soon?
I'm starving! Time to raid the pantry while I wait...


Inevitably, Sadie passes out in the car just as we reach our destination. You just don't want to wake up this baby, so we usually sit in the car and read a book or nap ourselves. I won't even tell you what happened today. Ok, I will. We sat and listened to a "Best of" John Denver collection. Now you may shun us. ;-)


We walk from the parking lot.


Some local guy bounds over and asks us if his dog can meet our daughter. I guess he's trying to socialize him? Luckily, he had already had breakfast.


Here we are at the Farmer's Market.

Seeing this picture reminds me that I was going to buy some Mums. Dangit.

Pretty woven rugs.

There's a nice playground at the market that usually fills up with kids of all ages on Saturdays. That would include us. Sadie ernestly contemplates a trip down the slide.


Sadie meets another baby her own age. There is a standoff.


Lots of bars and groovy things for clinging purposes...


Hey- where did you go?

These two pictures are for Marsha's benefit, as she claims I never put up pictures of me. Neener neener....


Baby through a peephole...


More sliding...
Lots of autumn flowers...

Sadie and Redmond goofing off while Mommy spends too much money on gourds and squash...

No paparazzi!!! Sadie pulls a Russell Crowe...

We leave the Farmer's Market and head over to the Red Robin whatever it's called for greasy burgers, shakes, and that good old American feeling. Sadie watches me on the way over as she wonders what she's going to have for lunch...


Sadie with her balloon.


And the balloon, five minutes later...


Finally, we cap off a thrilling, edge of your seat kind of day with a whirlwind tour of our local Harris Teeter grocery store. Redmond wheels Sadie around in this car/cart contraption. She daydreams of her future as a NASCAR driver....

2 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

ok this is getting a bit too weird for me. I often look at your photos of Sadie and Anne's photos of MJ and see outfits on your respective girls that Kylie has...now I just spotted Kylie's bib on Sadie! Mind you...this is the bib I cannot for the life of me find since our last visit to Olive Garden. Are you stalking us for fashion tips and bib stealing??? It's ok if you are...just let me know and next time I'll leave you the one without the frayed edge ;)

pssst...I'm very envious of the beautiful woven rugs at your farmers market. Our FM does not have gorgy rugs like that...and I need some. *pout*

9:44 AM  
Blogger amom2twins said...

Thanks for the pictures of Sadie and Karen! Sadie is such a fashionable little chick! Love the outfit but isn't it a little fancy for the Farmer's Market? Where are her overalls, flannel shirt and boots? Just Kidding!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home