Monday, November 12, 2007

Back from Charleston...

Whew! We're tired! We returned last evening from our trip to Charleston, and long car rides with toddlers can be, well, LONG. What should have been a five hour drive yesterday turned into an eight hour drive, but that includes a picnic lunch at a SC state park by a lake and a late afternoon hike in the Sandhills. We found that Sadie travels much better with frequent breaks to run around and blow off some steam.

My conference was chock full of great programming, as usual, but it's always a challenge to balance one's time at a professional conference with family in tow. I love taking Redmond and Sadie to conferences, but I find I end up feeling pulled in two directions. I want to do things with my family, but I also feel that my organization is not paying me to take a family vacation, so sometimes it's a bit stressful.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to process our photos from the trip, but here are a few video clips I put up this morning... Check later in the week for more photos and info about the trip...

Sadie was absolutely enamoured of our hotel's exercise room. Particularly, she found the treadmill to be a most amusing "toy". I just want to make sure that Social Services is aware that she WAS monitored closely during this segment. ;-)



Redmond took Sadie to the Children's Museum of the Lowcountry while I attended programming. These next two films document her travails and hard labor as a fisherperson. Note in the first film that another child had her eye on Sadie's fish and Sadie wasn't having any of that....





The next two clips were filmed at the South Carolina Aquarium. The first clip is a very cool looking wee sea turtle swimming around and the second clip features a jellyfish.



1 Comments:

Blogger amom2twins said...

That museum looks wonderful! I love the video of Sadie on the treadmill that is just too funny!

Thanks for sharing!

Love-Marsha :)

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home