Monday, February 02, 2009

Recent video clips...

We played Hide and Seek in the snow... First, Sadie looks for me... Note that she calls herself "Wyatt" and me "Princess Pea". She is currently in this stage of constant fantasy play, and I never know what fictional characters we're all going to play at any given moment. There's some PBS Kids show on learning to read PBS called "Super Why", and Wyatt and Princess Pea are characters on the show. The one recurring theme is this- she is always in the "star" character role, and I am always a "plucky sidekick".



Now, Sadie wants me to find her, but she needs to work a little on her hiding skills...



Mommy and Sadie play on the slide together... I'm a bit big for such things...





This is part of the Fire Safety demo the Chapel Hill fire fighters gave at Malcolm's birthday party.



Here are the kids as they first discover the fire truck... And it's Tarheel Blue!



Sadie, the fire fighter, driving the truck... Notice me telling her "Here, let me help you do it yourself!" I hate saying that, but Sadie is often in full autonomy mode, and since I am not going to allow her to, say, sword fight all by herself, I often have to offer to "help" her do it "by herself". I sometimes wince at the ways we have to actively manipulate our kids.




Here are the kids on the engine making siren sounds...



Here are the fire fighters leading the "Happy Birthday" song for Malcolm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home