Friday, December 19, 2008

New baby, gorilla poo, etc

Once again, I let the entire week slip by before updating this blog! We've been crazy busy these past couple of weeks getting ready for the holidays, and I'm good at remembering to take pictures- uploading them, on the other hand, often escapes me...

I have a few pictures and a few videos. I still have more Charleston videos to upload, but I should be able to fully catch up over the holidays, as I am off work from the 24th- January 2!

We visited Brian, Missy, Lila and new baby Josie last weekend. She is only two weeks old and very wee and very cute. Sadie is obsessed with the playgrounds at Chick-Fil-A (yes, my dream of having offspring who only eat sprouts and wheatberries has been dashed), so we took the kids for some time in the tubes and slides there.

Tiny little Josie... She looks very much like her sister....

Sadie, preparing to bounce off the walls.

Lila, trying to work up the nerve to climb all the way up...
Here are the kids on the slide...



On Sunday, we took Sadie to the zoo. It was freeeeezing cold. We bundled ourselves up and braved the cold winds. There were more animals there than people. Having lived in Montana, I don't mind the cold weather at all, and I enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Here is a mountain lion enjoying a nap....
Sadie enjoyed resting during the long walks between Africa and North America in this nice cart.
Watching the feeding of the sea lions..
I really love the new playground in North America...

Sadie loves the leaf slide...
Riding a squash....
Little Sadie Spider...
Whee!
A resting otter...
Mama and baby elephant...

This cardinal looked so pretty against the berry bush...
Here's where things started to get very..um... different. Sadie and the gorilla in question stared at each other... The gorilla looked so... wise... so.. dignified...
Then, the gorilla reached behind her, pooped in her hand, and shoved the product in question right in her mouth! Here she is, just chewing away...

And here is Sadie's reaction... She's still talking about it!

Here's Sadie, doing the hokey pokey in her new lion costume...



1 Comments:

Blogger kaycee said...

That is too crazy about the gorilla poo. I didn't know they did that sort of thing. Even dogs don't eat their own poo.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home