Thursday, November 16, 2006

Stupid #$# memory card reader!!

So, you've probably noticed that we have not updated our blog in a dog's age. For one thing, we spent almost a week in Charleston without internet access. However, I am sitting here dying to upload some pictures, but my memory card reader is broken and I can't find the original cord thingy that goes from my computer to my camera.

Why didn't I just run out and buy another memory card reader? Well, first of all, I didn't realize that the thingy in my camera is called a memory card and I certainly didn't realize the broken thingy was called a memory card reader. In fact, I thought it was some kind of Kodak proprietary thingy, so I was googling "Kodak card picture computer" at first. If I had more time, I could have just showed the thingy to one of my more camera savvy friends, but I honestly didn't know what I was doing. Now that I have finally identified the thingy as a memory card reader, I can proudly march into a Best Buy this afternoon and pick up a new one.

As a librarian, I find how we search for information a fascinating process. I won't bore you by deconstructing all the search steps I took, but it's interesting to me how people start from an unknown object and then build a knowledge system. And it also fascinates me to try to recall how I did this before the internet.

Anyhoo, we had a lovely trip to Charleston, SC. The weather was gorgeous- sunny and in the 60's and 70's during the day. I was attending the 26th Annual Charleston Conference- Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition , but we had a little time to take in the sights of Charleston. I hope to upload some pictures by the end of the weekend. Sadie enjoyed the trip, though the five plus hour drive each way was a stretch for her. She did really well until the last hour or so each way and then became restless. We had a portable DVD player to keep her occupied, but the side effect of that is that I cannot get the music from "The Backyardigans" out of my head now. I've been doing the "Yeti Stomp" for a week. Ack!

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home