Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Generic entry title...

Broken record... Sadie is sick again... I think I should just save that sentence in my clipboard, so I can paste it here every week... Little germ factories these small fry are, I tell you. She has a cold and an ear infection, and she was given a regiment of antibiotics yesterday. Her visit to the doctor was radically different than usual... Normally, the pediatrician spends a few moments peering into Sadie's ears and throat while she thrashes, whines and wriggles, and exclaims "It's viral, and will just have to run its course. That will be $10,000, please." Well, yesterday, the doctor peeked into Sadie's ears and throat and exclaimed, "It's an ear infection... Here's a prescription for antibiotics... It's just going to have to run its course. That will be $20,000, please".

Over the weekend, we went to the Farmer's Market with Robena, her mother, and Twyla on Saturday. Then, on Sunday night, my Uncle David and Aunt Diane came through town. They have been vacationing in Florida, and are slowly making their way back to Vermont. They came with Mom and Sadie to pick me up for lunch on Monday, and we spent a little time at the always lovely Duke Gardens...

My pictures are pretty sad today. Most of the weekend, my camera battery was charging, and I was too busy chasing Sadie around at the Gardens to take many pictures. She's at a stage where it is near impossible to take good pictures of her, because she never stands still.

Sadie, a flower tucked behind ear (Thanks, Aunt Diane), listens closely for the approaching hooves of the buffalo herd....
Have milk, will travel...
Grandma is apparently looking to see what new items of nature's bounty Sadie has decided to eat...

The next couple of pictures crack me up. Here we are, Aunt Diane, Uncle David, Grandma and Sadie in the first picture. Note the placid, relaxed smiles of my aunt and uncle, who are on vacation. Note the look of utter exhaustion on my mother's face. This looks like a woman who is watching her 17 month old granddaughter full time. Now, look down at Sadie, who is desperately trying to get the heck out of Dodge.

A kindhearted stranger offered to take a picture of all of us, so now I appear in this next photo. Note the pleasant smiles we all give this random stranger. Yes, yes, life is good. Now look at Sadie, struggling against the straps of bondage...

2 Comments:

Blogger amom2twins said...

Antibiotics are a good thing. Lucas ended up with an ear infection and just finished his medicine Monday Evening. I hope all will be well for your visit next weekend.

Take care and stay well.

Love, Marsha :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

You poor things have certainly had more than your fair share of illness this year. I hope this is the last time you have type Sadie is sick again.

I'm so sorry I have not called you...life threw me one helluva curve ball and I've been ducking and weaving my way around the last couple of weeks. You can catch up by going over for a quick read.

I promise...I will call...as soon as I get my feet back on the ground.

*hugs*

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home