Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Evening in the park...

So, I worked on Memorial Day. What kind of madness is that? I suppose I could have taken the day off, as many of my co-workers did, but I prefer to do my traveling during low peak times of the year. There's nothing less refreshing than taking off for a long weekend at the beach, struggling through three hours or more of bumper-to-bumper traffic, and then finding that the entire city you just left has relocated to the same beach.

So, I chose to work yesterday, deferring a beach weekend of paradise for a less traveled weekend later on. Redmond dropped me off and when he picked me up, we decided to stop by Forest Hills Park in Durham.

Yet another slide picture, with twice as much looking off to the side action! New and improved!


This park has an interesting water segment where various and sundry sprinklers cool off the kiddies. You have to watch where you stand, as the sprinklers have sporadic timing, and the nice little spot where you perch to watch your child may erupt like Old Faithful any second...

Abracadabra!


Man, this water is cold!


*shiver*
So, we're such dingbats. We just happened to have a swimsuit and a swimming diaper in the car, but realized later we had no towel. We stripped Sadie down in private spot in the park to allow her to air dry for a few minutes, but wouldn't you know it? She took off running, as naked as she entered the world! I finally caught her here, and Redmond couldn't resist documenting this moment so that we can embarrass her on her first date... ;-)


Clothed again and back in the ubiquitous pink car.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaycee said...

Hey, this looks like fun. We were just running around in these sprinklers the other day. Next time you're in the neighborhood, call us. We could picnic supper there.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Poppy said...

I love the naked, running Sadie!

One of our local malls has a "water park" with the same type of sprinklers...Ky loves it!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home