Monday, May 28, 2007

Not much goin' on...

Oh, how I love leaving my memory card at work... My camera's internal memory...well, it has amnesia... I can usually fit about 15-20 pictures on my camera, but that's about it. We attended Pippa's first birthday party on Saturday, but were running so late we didn't have time to drive all the way to my office to pick up my memory card, so I only took a few pictures and most of them turned out blurry. Almost none of the pictures of Sadie came out. I'll post the salvageable pictures here..

On Sunday, Mom and I took Sadie to the zoo so that Redmond could spend the day working on getting the house ready for his annual shindig he has on the last day of the school year. I believe his band will be playing, and it should be a madhouse. Last year, people camped out in our backyard. I hope people bring insect repellent this year, as our neighborhood has been taken over by ticks. I think we pull several ticks off us all every week.

Summer plans, for those who are vaguely interested in the minutiae of our lives...

Someone who works with me bought a rustic cabin in the mountains of Virginia and is renting it out for the whopping sum of $200 a week. The cabin is on a river and is not far away from Grayson Highlands State Park and the AT. We'll be there the second week of July. In August, we'll be in Topsail Island for our annual Breeder's Retreat. I think we're up to nine rugrats now!

I'm working on Aunt Sylvia, and possibly Uncle Mich to take a trip down here. Uncle David and Aunt Diane passed through town a couple of months ago, and Sylvia and Mich haven't seen Sadie since our trip to Vermont last July. She is not even the same child any more, which is pretty much why we're not going to Vermont THIS summer.

Also, I'm hoping we can take another trip to Tidewater this summer to see Robert and Marsha and the twins, or maybe we can persuade them to visit us again. I guess mentioning our tick-infested neighborhood is probably not the best advertisement to encourage any visitors, eh?

Here is Emily with the birthday girl, Pippa...

Missy is holding Lila. I can't believe how fast she's growing up... And poor Alex has clearly watched "The Ring". Seven days....

Here is Sadie, flirting with Alex. Actually, she is trying to unseat him from the snail rocking horse she sort of claimed as her own, but we'll pretend she's a coquette.

The piano was a big hit...

Brian, Missy and Lila...


Molly checks out Sadie's sippy cup. A special thanks goes to Marsha for passing on her soft sippy cups. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that Sadie still begs and pleads for bottles. She gave up the pacifier about 6 months ago, but she still prefers bottles to sippy cups. Marsha had some transitional sippy cups she passed on to us, and Sadie seems to find them somewhat acceptable. Although Sadie seems to have no problem yanking other kids' sippy cups from them and running away with them...


Haley, Sadie, Charlie and Alex play piano... The effect was much like a John Cage composition. I once saw a John Cage piece in New York around a large reflecting pool. There were four typewriters- one at each corner- and they provided the percussion. Several people unrolled reels of reel- to-reel tape, someone read gibberish, and I believe there were other homemade instruments involved. I'm trying to think of something appropriately sarcastic to say, but I haven't had my latte this morning, so I'll just pass.


Lila plays with one of those busy boxes...

James allows the birthday girl to sip water from a water bottle... Sadie has been obsessed with water bottles for over a year now... Now, she'll take a giant sip, spit it out all over you and herself, and then giggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home