Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

To all you readers who celebrated yesterday!!! Here's a basic recap of our weekend. I was going to joke around and mention our zip over to Paris for lunch and ride through the Serengeti in the evening, but, alas, my pictures wouldn't fool a soul...

So, Sunday morning, we ventured out to Weaver Street Market for breakfast and groceries.. On the way out of the neighborhood, a rather young, dawdling (is there any other kind?) turtle sat in the middle of the road. St. Redmond, guardian of all turtles, couldn't bear to leave him there...

Here's the little guy on the asphalt...

He tucks in his head while Redmond carries him across...


And there he is on the other side, in the grass, and no longer in harm's way. My only concern is that I hope he wasn't trying to get to the OTHER side... He may have been cursing us in Turtle-ese...

On nice weekend mornings, Weaver Street is the place to go... The lawn fills with children, dogs, and hippies dancing to the music. Occasionally, there actually IS music when they dance... Sadie gazes upon the fountain, and looks longingly at the Carrboro branch of Maple View Dairy Ice Cream across the street... Did I mention that Weaver Street has the tastiest whole grain blueberry pancakes and real maple syrup?
We spent ten minutes trying to coax Sadie into looking at the camera. This was the best picture we could get... She loved the baked strata with olives....
Later, we took Sadie out for a haircut, and took Mom to lunch for Mother's Day at Johnny Carino's. Once again, we tried every trick known to parent kind, but could not seem to coax the child into smiling, even looking at the camera. Here she is looking like "Could you all just leave me alone?"
Also, I am totally questioning my wisdom in buying Sadie a white dress made of linen. What was I thinking? Toddlers don't belong in linen. I glance at my own linen trousers, and they wrinkle. Sadie is this big wrinkle...
Mom and Sadie. No, she will NOT look at the camera.

However, she's happy to gaze upon her cup of water. Her new trick is to take a sip of water, expel the water out of her mouth and onto her clothing, and to giggle...

Later, we took a walk to the pond to check on the geese and their new nest. All is well, but we're careful this time to not approach the pond too closely. We worry that our entourage of two adults, one toddler, a loud push car, a Labrador, and a cat might have caused some stress...

Sadie pushes her car....

Obi waits for a stick to be thrown...

Sadie, just generally staring off into space. This picture is only relevant in that she seems to have the same tendency to space that her Mommy has....
Changing the oil...
Posing with Obi...
I found these pictures on my camera this morning... Redmond must have taken them last week... More bath pictures..

Sadie, actually looking at the camera... With suds on her head..

Sadiejaya.... For those of you who do not watch American Idol, you probably didn't get that pop culture reference... ;-) Well, she loves to bathe in her old bathwater too... Ok- I just lost you all there, didn't I?
Looking cute and sudsy...

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne I am. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Kylie went through a phase of refusing to look in the camera and she still isn't easy to photograph, though she is getting better. I have a feeling I traumatized her with all the flashes...oops!

Great talking to you the other day, even though we lost each other...as usual. I'm off on vacation in the a.m. and when I get back we'll have to make a date for me to call you at home on a REAL telephone and not our cells.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day :)

12:05 AM  
Blogger amom2twins said...

I love Sadejaya! She should win American Baby Idol on her hair styles alone!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home