Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So much for immunity!

So, the word I had on Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (Enterovirus family) is that most children only get it once, and then usually have immunity from then on. Tell my child that. She's apparently on her second case of this nasty illness this summer. She had one bout when we took our mountain vacation, and then came down with another episode of it last week. I have been under the weather as well, and we're seriously hoping we all clear up by this weekend, as we are taking Sadie on her first camping trip to Grayson Highlands State Park. The weather in the mountains looks pretty good for the weekend, and it will be much cooler than the pit of fire that is the Triangle area right now. I'm nervous about how one accomplishes toddler containment in a vast state park. I used to point and gawk at children on leashes, but don't think I haven't given this some thought... ;-)

I only have a couple of pictures to share- Sadie's first bicycle ride. Redmond fixed up his bike and added a child's seat, and they both donned helmets and rode around the neighborhood. Now, I just need to get my bike tuned and we're good to go...




2 Comments:

Blogger amom2twins said...

Someone told me that Walmart has a backpack that has a leash! It is really cute! The one I saw was a monkey one and the monkey had a loooong tail that you hold on to so they can't get away.

Sadie looks REALLY excited to be on the bicycle! So did she enjoy her first bike ride?

I think taking Sadie camping at this age is going to be more stressful than relaxing. I hope I'm wrong but you'll have to let me know how it goes!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

In the 3rd & 4th photos Ms. Sadie looks like she wants to say "Come on, Dad!! I'm getting impatient!" Redmond's a brave man...I'm afraid I'd have a heart attack if I tried riding a bike!!!

We took Courtney camping quite a few times when she was between 1 and 3 yrs. of age. She was fine. As a matter of fact she began walking in St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada 3 wks before her first birthday! Anyway, we just kept her busy during the day taking walks, playing in the pool etc. and then at night after all that fresh air she slept like a log. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Let's hope she gets well and stays well!!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home