Friday, November 16, 2007

Pictures from Charleston

First of all, I'm going to mock myself publicly. I am going with a friend to see Bucky Covington from American Idol, season 4, at the Longbranch Saloon in Raleigh this evening.

Go ahead- point and mock me! I'm kind of giggling about it myself... ;-)

Second- very few pictures from Charleston turned out. My camera needs a good spanking.

We spent some time on Isle of Palms, a lovely barrier island near Charleston. It was so warm on that day that kids were splashing and swimming in the sandbar area you'll see below. We didn't come prepared with an actual swimsuit, as it IS November, so we just took off Sadie's jeans and let her run around in the water...



I had just fetched her from the ocean here. Forget the sandbar, she wanted to dive in the big ocean....
Redmond took these pictures at the Children's Museum of the Lowcountry, so honestly, I don't know what's going on here, as I was off in conference land here.


Sadie seems to be tired or cranky here. Or just has a love of big red birds.

And big blue birds.

I thought the lighting was pretty cool here...


Here's Sadie, in the middle of getting very dirty at Sticky Fingers, a yummy BBQ/ribs joint in Charleston.

These pictures were taken at the Charleston Aquarium. This child kept making perfect poses and then moving before the picture snapped. Grrr...


A great blue heron poses majestically in front of the bridge span.

Sadie hauls a stuffed sea turtle all over the museum.


Redmond and Sadie appear to be giving the poor sea turtle CPR.

Yay! A slide!

This owl has been rehabilitated but cannot be released in the wild. The hawk below is in the same boat, so I guess they keep each other company...


Sadie checks out the fish. She kept calling the little sharks "dolphins" or "whales". I guess telling the difference between the three can be rather confusing to a two year old.
Awesomely cool jellyfish!
Sadie just loves fish...


We walk along the boardwalk near the Aquarium.
Great view of the bridge from the deck at the Aquarium.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliz and Steve said...

Your pictures are beautiful and so is Sadie!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home