Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's potty time! Wheee!

Only parents can understand our fascination with the bathroom habits of our children... Sadie used the potty for the first time this week! You would have thought she'd discovered a cure for cancer by my ecstatic, fawning praise. She has no interest in the little potties; she just climbed up on the big potty when her bath was running, said "I go potty", and there she went.

Now, some parents will yawn over a 26 month old child using the potty for her first time. I admit that Redmond and I have been on the non-pushing side of the spectrum. We both decided that changing diapers is less work than cleaning the floor over and over. I think we figured that when we'd often, with no pressure, offer the opportunity to use the potty, but just let her take the lead on being ready. So, she did this two days ago and hasn't since, but I'll just try to leave the door.. or shall I say lid, open for future ventures on the big people's potty.

We have absolutely no pictures to post this week. Our weekend was pretty busy. On Saturday, we attended Dana and Finley's baby shower. We didn't get any pictures because the party was at one of their friend's space age bachelor pad, and we spent our time racing after Sadie from room to room, trying to keep her from toppling over glass tables, knocking over lamps and expensive looking breakable figurines... That night, we visited our friends Robena and Philip and their two year old, Twyla. There was another little girl there; Paula and Mary Alicia's daughter Katy Bren. I think I forgot my camera that night. On Sunday, my friend Anne and I got our kids together to play in a retro sort of park in Cary. I miss the old-time parks with metal or wood playground equipment, merry-go-rounds and teeter totters and the like. As cool as they are, though, the vintage parks were considerably riskier than the modern parks, and she almost bonked her head on the merry-go-round and fell right off the teeter totter. So, there were no pictures on Sunday either. I'm lame.

This weekend we are attending Griffin's second birthday party, so hopefully, we can get some decent pics of all the cute little kiddies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home