Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Peepaw's snow!!

Redmond and I have been hoping all winter that it would snow, as Sadie has seemed inordinately interested in winter precipitation. Any time she sees snow in books or on tv, she announces "SNOW!" with great enthusiasm. She also finds snowmen intriguing. Last year, about this time, we had a decent snow event. However, she was too young to really make much of it. But this year, we have been hoping that she would have the chance to actually get out in play in snow.

So, we were thrilled when the forecast this weekend called for a possible 2-4 inches. Dad, however, probably was a bit less than thrilled, as he had planned to visit this weekend and didn't really want to travel in winter weather. What we actually got was a bit more than a dusting- I'm sure our New England blog visitors will giggle at the amount of excitement generated by this tiny bit of snow. But, I was very happy to see it, as was Sadie.

Sadie is continuing to warm up to Peepaw. This may be partially due to the fact that he bribes her with Thomas engines and Barney dolls. This visit, she proudly proclaimed "Peepaw bring TRAIN!" after Dad brought her a little Rosie engine. And after he left, she stated "Peepaw SNOW!", as if he somehow was responsible for our winter precipitation...

Here, Dad reads Sadie a book.






And here are a various assortment of pictures of Sadie playing in the snow...







This is our front driveway, looking from our house to the road.


I'm carrying Sadie in our wagon...


The local pond...



Our house and yard, and the paltry bit of snow that clings to the roof and ground...


Redmond snapped this pic of our whirligig covered with snow...

I love aluminum lawn furniture... This is a glider we rescued and painted lime green...


I WAS wearing a hat, but Sadie decided to snatch it off my head and wear it herself...


3 Comments:

Blogger amom2twins said...

Well I am so jealous that you guys actually got snow!

I am glad that Sadie did get to experience her first snow. I had hoped that the Twins would get that opportunity too this past weekend but the weather guys were wrong. I'm not giving up hope though because winter is not over yet.

I pictures are very pretty thanks for sharing them.

Love-Marsha ;)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Eliz and Steve said...

Wow, it seems like Sadie has grown overnight since her last pics! She seems like a big girl all of a sudden sitting on Peepaw's lap. And your place looks like a lovely winter wonderland. So cool. And I love the green bench swingey thingey. Love it! Your pictures are poetic.
We had snow today; lots up the hill from us where we didn't venture and just a little here. I didn't let Olivia play in it b/c she won't keep her mit mits on. How did you get Sadie to keep gloves on?
Take care
E

11:10 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

*narrows eyes and gives Karen the hairy eyeball*

You call that SNOW??? pfft! I call that a wee sprinkle of frozen precipitation!

But I'm sure to the wee Sadie it was lovely! She looks like she enjoyed herself!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home