Monday, February 04, 2008

Random drive-by

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, and I missed last week's post. (I try to post once a week). Additionally, I lost another @#@#@ memory card and just picked up a new one yesterday, so my offerings are slim. I'll try to post a second entry this week.

Sadie has been growing progressively silly. She has taken to walking around with a bubble-shaped plastic sack on her head and saying "I'm an astronaut!". She picks up her Fisher Price Little People animals and turns them into airplanes. And she sadly announces at least once a day "Snow is GONE."

I can't really explain why, but I feel a sense of loss and sadness whenever Sadie learns to pronounce words the right way For a long time, butterflies were "Wee oh Whys", dinosaurs were "Dino-Doze" and fish were "Bish". As I hear Sadie begin to learn the proper way to pronounce these words, there's this bittersweet realization that time is marching on and that she's turning into her own little person who will eventually grow up and leave home. Last night, she asked me to put on her butterfly shirt, and as I slid the shirt over her head, I said "Here's your wee-oh-why shirt, Sadie", to which she earnestly replied, "It's not wee-oh-why, Mommy, it's butterfly!". Oh, emo... :-(

I was out of town this weekend, visiting my best friend, Karen, in Norfolk, and pretending to be a young person with a life outside of working and child rearing. We hung out with another old buddy, Jeff, and enjoyed a few drinks and I was out until 2 am, which is only three hours before I usually wake up for the day! I'm clearly not a spring chicken, as I'm still feeling fatigue from Saturday night on Monday. So, I missed Claudia's first birthday party, but Redmond and Sadie attended, sans camera.

These few pictures are from Emily and James' Scottish party in honor of Robert Burns' birthday. The highlight was getting to eat haggis for the first time. It actually is not bad- really. If you are familiar with kibbe, it tastes much like Scottish kibbe. I attempted to feed it to Sadie, but she wouldn't get within 50 miles of the stuff.

Here I am, preparing to eat haggis. Watch Sadie behind me with a dubious look on her face.

Hmm... Not bad.


Here's Sadie, hanging out in Pippa's crib. Silly girl likes to pretend she's sleeping, along with very loud snoring noises. I'm not sure where she learned about snoring... ;-)

Whee! I'm swinging from the edge of a crib!

I'm not sure why I'm posting this picture, other than to show that Sadie appears to have a kingfisher upon her shirt.

Sadie was wearing a jumper over this shirt and tights, but she ditched it almost immediately. We managed to convince her to not continue disrobing. She's turning into quite the little nudist, and I'm hoping this stage is only temporary. Occasionally, I'll leave the room for a few minutes and will return to find her completely nekked, clothes and diaper strewn around the room... Sometimes, she's bothered to don a pair of my shoes or boots.

Lila, Pippa and Molly contemplate the refrigerator...

Just chillin'... I promise I won't suddenly say "chillaxing" all the time... It's just not dignified... ;-)

Sadie, hanging out on a baby seat...

One day, Sadie decided she wanted to stomp around in her ladybug costume from Halloween '06. I'm thinking it's time to invest in some dress up costume wear....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home